Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 1: Taco-Mex on Manor


On my way to work today I stopped to grab a couple breakfast tacos. I figured there is no better way to inaugurate this blog than with a simple potato, egg, and cheese on flour. I picked a place I've never been to before, but have heard tell of on Yelp and from hipster friends who live in the Cherrywood neighborhood. 

Taco-Mex is a little hole in the wall, quite literally. You walk up to the window, order, pay, and wait on the sidewalk for your tacos. 



The menu is limited, but representative of the basics needed for a Tex-Mex fiend to survive: breakfast tacos, carne guisada, picadillo, barbacoa, etc. 




The tacos are substantial, the cheese is melty, and the potatoes are nicely done.



My only complaint, and it's a big one, the second taco had spoiled eggs in it. I know, gross. The worst part is that I am dumb enough that I ate half the bad-egg taco. Right now I'm hoping that I don't get a belly ache and I'm feeling like these 30 days of Tex-Mex aren't off to a very good start. You should know that spoiled-egg tacos are not typical (if they were I don't think even grungy hipsters would make such a fuss about breakfast tacos). I guess I'll have to try 29 more places to find a few winners...


Taco-Mex - 2611 Manor Rd



1 comment:

  1. Cecil, I think your blog was a great way to record your culinary adventure! Hope you don't have too bad of a withdrawal Back East!

    ReplyDelete